FIRST & FOREMOST, STAY SAFE.
The activities described on AdventureMe.com.au are a lot of fun, but many are challenging and can quickly take a turn for the worst if not done safely.
Do not attempt any of the activities featured on AdventureMe.com.au if your safety is in jeopordy. Always consider the experience/fitness of the group, weather conditions and other environmental factors before attempting any activity. Consider wearing personal safety equipment while performing any activities to minimise the risk of injury.
AdventureMe provides information about activities which can cause serious injury and even death. Practising any of the acts seen or described at AdventureMe.com.au is at your own risk.
AdventureMe disclaims all responsibility for any resulting injury, expense or damage while practising any of the adventures featured on AdventureMe.com.au.
It is your responsibility to make sure that your actions are safe and comply with all applicable laws.
OUR TOP 12 SAFETY TIPS:
- Do your research before you go. What gear do you need? What’s the weather forecast?
- Know your limits. Start small, and work your way up to going large!
- Know the experience levels of everyone in your crew. Are they all up to it?
- Day trip? Pack enough warm clothes to stay overnight if you get caught out.
- Don’t skimp on Water. Pack more than enough and ration accordingly.
- Pack a First Aid Kit.
- Pack a headlamp or torch for those unexpected late returns.
- Pack a fully charged mobile phone for emergencies. Keep it off until needed (no Insta stories!).
- Pack a map & compass because you can’t rely on technology ^.
- Pack fire starting equipment (in a dry lock bag).
- Tell a few people (partner, friends, family) where you’re heading and when you expect to be back.
- If you’re not confident that you or anyone in the group are up for the challenge, it’s ok to say no. You can build up to any adventure, and it may be that you, or someone else, needs to get that experience first.
Now go and have some fun!